April is coming to a close, and I can’t believe how fast it flew by. I am happy spring is (sort of) here, and I want to share a ton of my favorites products, classes, and items I have compiled.. I also added a few un-favorites at the bottom, just to round it all out. I definitely want to make this a regular post. I wanted to share some new discoveries
1. Reebok CrossFit Lifter 2.0 in Timeless Teal – I bought these Olympic Lifting shoes about a month ago, after I thought my entire gym bag had been stolen out of my car.
It may have been a little hasty purchasing them in retrospect before waiting to see if my bag would turn up, but the fact that I use these just about every other day made it worth the investment. I will say, the 2.0’s are a big improvement from the original Reebok Lifting shoes (which I have since then, found!)
They have a fully solid platform- versus the old shoes which were only solid through the heel. They have extra lateral Velcro support, which not only is more comfortable, but more secure, and loads of other improvements. They still have the U-Form technology- which allows you to heat the shoe, and mold it to your own foot- creating a custom fit which makes them insanely comfortable. So far, they are completely worth my investment (I paid $109, with the Reebok ONE trainer 25% discount, and a sale.)
- SFH Fuel Protein in Coconut – This stuff is unbelievably tasty… If you like coconut. It is a simple formula designed to provide 30grams of protein per scoop. The bag comes with 30 servings of high quality whey protein, with no artificial sugars or flavors. It also has coconut MCT’s (medium chain triglycerides (high energy fats, that burn as fuel and don’t spike your blood sugar)) and Apple Pectin – a water soluble complex carbohydrate, which helps slow the absorption of other sugars and high glycemic carbs.
- FitAid – Loaded with BCAA’s, Electrolytes, Green Tea Extract and more, this Grapefruit-y “energy/recovery & more drink” is more like a Fresca treat to me… check how it works here…
- Surfset Class at Yoga Sakti – I went to my first class this past Sunday, it had been on my 2015 Fitness Bucket List I posted earlier this year and I am HOOKED. Yoga Sakti hosts Sup East Coast Style to provide a challenging “Bootcamp” style class with tons of Cardio, Strength and Core work… Perfect for any paddling or surfing enthusiast.
- Roxy Wetsuit- I haven’t used this one yet, but I can already tell this is going to be a favorite… Can’t wait to test this baby out. If you are interested in a review, I’d be happy to share one.
- Sun Cloud Sequin Polarized Sunglasses – I have been a SunCloud fan for years. This is my third pair- due to the unfortunate loss of my second pair, I bought these Tortoise Shell, Polarized lenses and could not be happier. My only issue is the the Tortoise Shell Coating on the actual Frames is starting to peel off around my ears. They do however have a Lifetime warranty- so I may be sending them back if I can just deal with not having them for a while!
- Danielle’s Pineapple Chips – Yum. Dried Pineapple Chips. ‘nuff said. Found at Marshalls!
- Gemma Stafford’s Bigger Bolder Baking – This delectable YouTuber provides Free baking content on her channel. My best friend and I agreed her accent is almost as great as her recipes. While none of them are exactly healthy- I can’t stop watching. Here is her link for Smore’s Pie Jars…
9. Columbia Fleece- In no way was I expecting to buy another jacket last weekend. The hubs and I decided to make a spontaneous trip up to Lake Winni on the rare free day he had… We were planning a hike, but a late date night in Boston lead to a sleepy morning, so we rescheduled the hike for a later (re:warmer) date. It was a beautiful, but FREEZING day, and because we were walking around, I decided to perpetuate my jacket obsession… Anyway $25 bought me this amazingly fuzzy Columbia fleece. I literally feel like I am wearing a teddy bear, and it has some great features – thumbholes (YES!), a hood (it’s the little things!), and ample pockets! What a steal! Not to mention, I was planning on retiring my Mountain Hardwear Shell Jacket due to the many holes it has endured. I couldn’t find a link for the exact jacket, but if anyone is interested I can search a little more.
10.In my favorite blogs post I highlighted Tone It Up and this month their Bikini Series Recipes are definitely some of my favorites – Earlier this month being sick derailed me for a bit with the Tone It Up Nutrition Plan- which I am still incorporating into 90% of my nutrition and meals. However this series has some seriously amazing recipes. If you are not yet a member, I highly recommend their gluten-free membership. It is frankly fantastic – very well balanced and easy recipes. This is a great and worthwhile investment. If you are interested in more information, I will be providing a comprehensive review coming soon! I have added a video from their youtube channel and some yummy Lemonade recipes they shared.
- Yard work induced Tendonitis- OUCH my left shoulder is just screaming at me. I guess a full weekend of raking, hauling, trimming and dragging just did me in. Looks like a little stretching, foam rolling, and rest is due for me. Guess no jerks this week!
- High Expectations- I hate to be vague- but this is something I continually work on managing. I guess I just have high standards ;).
- New England Weather- WTF. Where is the sun? That is all.