Because I am amidst not only packing for a trip, but also planning a trip… I thought I would compile a short list of a few things, I always like to have with me when I travel.
After my 6 weeks in Europe, I certainly learned a few lessons on necessities, and ever since then I tend to be a “light packer,” but let’s be real… we all have our little luxuries we can’t live without.
- Water Bottle- I refuse to pay the exorbitant prices for water in the airport. $6 for a water is just not okay. So I pack my Hydroflask 40oz and fill it up first chance I get.
- Treats – This obviously goes along with prices of water. Some of my favorites are Epic Bars – as they are loaded with protein to hold you over until your next meal, as well as Fuel for Fire. Both are delicious and pretty healthy too. I always also like to have gum with me as well.
- My “Travel Emergency Kit”- this hasn’t changed for years. Even the bag has remained the EXACT same, and it takes up literally no space.
- Hand Sanitizer
- Emergen- C
- Lip Balm
- Face Wipes
- Mini Hair Brush
- Dry Shampoo
- Colgate Wisps
- Mini Deodorant
- Reading Material- I rarely sleep on flights so I usually crush at least one book… sometimes two. Favorites include…
- Jack Kerouac -Dharma Bums/On the Road
- Kurt Vonnegut & Hunter S Thompson- Pretty much anything
- Anything by J.Maarten Troost- A travel writer
- A puffy jacket. Not only for warmth, but mine also doubles as a phenomenal pillow – therefore eliminating the need for one of those goofy neck pillows.
- A notepad and pen. You never know when you might meet a great tic-tac-toe opponent.
What do you bring when you fly/travel? What can’t you live without?