As part of my 2016 Resolutions, I really wanted to try and expand some of the items I will review here on NSAF to include more “Lifestyle” – meaning fashion, home, travel, events etc… Just to add some diversity.
I figured for now, I will try and make this a monthly post and see how it goes!
I went through and picked 5 “favorites” for the month and thought I would share 🙂
- Scarves- Living in New England, is a treat. In the last month, we have had 80 degree days, and yesterday- we got 3 inches of snow. Now that I am getting towards the tail end of my pregnancy- I am limited in my wardrobe – and find myself wearing close to the same thing, EVERYDAY ( Victorias Secret V-necks, Leggings and Boots – in case you were wondering). While I don’t particularly mind this – as I almost refuse to spend money on maternity wear (why must it be so ridiculously expensive?)- it’s nice to “dress up” some of my basics with cuter accessories.
This is pretty close to one I recently found on clearance at Target for $5.48 – Who doesn’t love a classic black and white infinity scarf? It’s lightweight, soft, and literally matches everything. It’s also pretty nice quality, which I wasn’t expecting from a very inexpensive scarf!
I also love my grey and pink striped Lululemon Vinyasa Scarf. It definitely falls under the “Athleisure” trend (thank you Beyonce!) but it’s a great versatile piece, which as you can see from the video, can be worn a million different ways. I purchased mine at the Kittery Lululemon Outlet last summer, but they occasionally have these in their “we made too much” discounted merchandise page.
2. Ninja Coffee Bar – As part of a “No-Spend” February Challenge hubby and I voluntarily participated in, we invested (in January) in a convenient coffee maker. We were totally guilty of spending a little tooooo much money weekly on convenience items like lunches out, when we could have made them – or iced coffees on the way to work. At $180, this was definitely a splurge, but we did get 20% off with a coupon, and we had a $100 merchandise credit from an appliance we had never used. So all in all – great deal! I do really like this machine so far… Much better than a Keurig, which I found made everything taste like plastic. It has a traditional drip brewing system, and can make coffee in many different sizes and strengths. Go ninja go!
3. Jewels – Maybe its the pregnancy hormones, but I have been a wicked girly-girl lately. I usually consider myself a wicked tomboy, but lately I have been enjoying girly indulgences – makeup, jewelry, pampering, etc. Maybe its the knowledge that I will probably not be able to indulge in these things, or take the time to use them once Baby B comes, but I have really enjoyed these items over the last few weeks.
Luxa Jewelry Boho Necklace – A friend from Elementary School hand makes these beautiful necklaces (as well as some other gorgeous sparkly things) and I have a few I have purchased a few over the past few years, and I love all of them, and wear them frequently. She also does custom work, which included my Bridesmaids wedding gifts, which came out phenomenal. If you are in the market for beachy/unique/boho pieces – definitely check out Angela’s work!
Chan Luu Wrap Bracelets – Thanks to a very fashionable Mother-In-Law. I have received several of these playful/pretty wrap bracelets as gifts. While they are not cheap ($210!) the quality is unbelievable, and they go with everything. They can be dressed up, or down – and come in array of colors that is amazing. (They actually go great layered with the Luxa Jewelry bangles!)
4. Couples Movie & Dinner nights I apologized to hubby the other day for turning into a lame pregnancy hermit (my words- not his). I just have felt like since beginning the third trimester, I really have no desire to go out- or especially brave any crowds of people. I just feel very anxious being belly rubbed without consent ( I know all pregnant ladies have different ways of dealing with this). But I have found more often than not, I would prefer (for now- against all my extroverted tendencies) to stay in. Hence, couples movie & dinner nights have been my go-to date night. We have had a few of these – and they tend to work great with our friends with kids also, since they don’t have to worry about finding a sitter. We also get to play some of our favorite inappropriate games like Cards Against Humanity, Naughty Apples to Apples, or Loaded Questions. Win/Win!
5. Amazon Prime – For $99/year there are tons of benefits to joining amazon prime. Not only can you save a ton of money by price-shopping things you might normally buy; but the free 2-day shipping is super-convenient. Tons of my girlfriends use it/have recommended it if only for the diapers. I know it will be nice to be able to order baby essentials without leaving the house for the first few weeks Baby B is here. If you haven’t already joined… check it out here.
There you have it! 5 “Lifestyle” favorites from March (early April too). Comment back with your lifestyle faves, or suggestions for new-mom’s! I will be posting a few more times this month with some more fitness-related content and an awesome recipe I have been working on. Check back with us for some fun new fitness product reviews coming too!