- Fuel for Fire Banana Cocoa -I don’t even eat bananas (I know, BAD Fitness Lover!), and I have to say I love this stuff. It is the perfect afternoon snack. Especially for this preggo, who feels as though she has no room for food anymore. It gives you that little bit of protein, and naturally occurring sugars you need to make it through from lunch to dinner. It is also a great pre or post-workout snack. North Shore Adventure Fitness is a wholesaler of Fuel for Fire, so if you are interested in trying or ordering some, let me know!
- Dis Weather!!! 🙂 Living in New England my entire life, I know we have seasons. I know we have ups and downs, but I think I can speak for all of us when I say, thank goodness the sun is finally out. It finally feels like spring… The flowers are starting to bloom (including my lovely lilacs!) and I am loving sitting out on my deck and enjoying a little bit of peace and quiet in the Sun. I try and also practice meditation on the deck.. I like to use the Calm App.
3. Hills – Yep. Never did I think I would say that, because I HATE them running… However, I haven’t run since the end of March. It just got too uncomfortable for me. Lately I have really been enjoying tackling some good hill walking. Throughout my pregnancy, I have modified and adapted my workouts as best as possible to try and keep up with a reasonable amount of intensity. I am careful about monitoring my heart rate, and also making sure that the health/well-being of my soon to baby boy is a priority… One of my favorite places to get this done is Little Neck in Ipswich. I have been running/walking the neck forever, and there are some LEGIT good hills here. It is also – gorgeous, with panoramic views of Plum Island, Crane’s Beach, and the Ipswich River.
4. Lululemon – What the Sport Tee – I have been a part of the Lululemon R&D team for a while, which is a nice incentive that the high end brand offers for trainers and coaches. This program offers 15% off in store merchandise in exchange for feedback/reviews which help Lulu in development and revision of their apparel. It also makes their pricing, slightly more reasonable…
I purchased this Tee a few days ago as a birthday gift to myself, and a little incentive to keep working out. I chose it particularly because it is extremely lightweight and will be perfect for sweating it out this summer. The color I chose is no longer in stock online, but there are tons of others, and I now want them all… I also love the fact that this tee also has a headphone cord keeper in the back, as this is a huge pet peeve of mine when running. I also love the cut, it is shorter on the sides and a little longer in the front and back.
5. Foam Rolling – While I would love to get a massage EVERYDAY, it’s just not in the cards. Thank goodness I have a SUPER husband who has been kind enough to massage my tired, pregnant feet and back – VERY frequently. (Yeah, bragging a little bit… I can’t help it, he’s the best!) Foam Rolling has been a life saver, and I have kept up with it daily since I learned about it originally in my NASM certification. The benefits are unreal and include everything from increased flexibility and mobility, to better circulation, to even reducing cellulite. My friend from college, Katrina of Tone It Up has some great foam rolling routines if you have never used one before. I may even add another flexibility clinic for NSAF this summer. Let me know if you are interested.
Just One – 3rd Trimester Woes – Mix a little bit of anxiety, with a little bit of swelling, with a lack of sleep and no room for food/no appetite -and it’s pretty easy to see why some pregnant women dislike the last few weeks (or months) of pregnancy as much as the first few. It is hard to complain because I have had a healthy and (relatively) easy pregnancy but I feel like I am ready as I am ever going to be to have this baby.