Well hello friends!
Summer is hanging on here in New England. It is still hot and humid as ever, although we have been getting some cooler nights to sleep in – which has been wonderful. I really enjoy summer here, however this year… I find myself day dreaming about fall and some cooler temps. It has been tough since it has been so hot with a new baby to be outside, so I am looking very forward to some crisp days and all that this area has to offer.
I have managed to find some new fitness favorites, so I thought I would share!
- Lululemon Hotty Hot Shorts– I got these on sale, and with my trainer discount. They are super light weight material, and a little bit longer than most Lulu shorts, which I find really nice, since some of the shorter ones tend to ride up for us girls with muscular legs. They are extremely comfortable and well worth the investment. I got them in a navy color, but I love these ones in “Boom Juice” and they also are on sale!
- Again Faster Jump Rope – Running has not been as fun since I had Jameson, but it is starting to come back. When I am not in the mood to go for a run, I try and squeeze in some double unders, because they are great cardio/skill work. I love my rope, and for anyone struggling to get their double unders, having your own rope, makes all the difference. You can even get a cheap rope for under $10 on Amazon.
- Tone It Up Beach Babe 3 DVD – I love the yoga videos, so much. I have a hard time doing yoga on my own, but this is kind of the perfect compromise for me. You don’t have to leave the house (great with a baby!) and you aren’t stuck by yourself. I have mentioned before, I went to college with Katrina- and I continue to be impressed by her work for women’s fitness.
4. My Rogue Utility Boards – These boards are wonderful. Not only are they a fun board, but they are very easy for even the most beginner paddleboarders. I have 2 in my fleet currently, and would looooove to add more next year. These boards have a full yoga mat deck, bungee cords for holding your paddle during yoga, and are relatively light weight for the capacity. <3 We still have plenty of paddle season left, so come join us for a class before wetsuit season arrives! Email email@example.com to schedule today!
5. My Marini Farm CSA – I wrote a post a few years ago, sharing a few ways to save $$ on groceries. While a CSA may seem expensive, if you utilize all the food you receive, it is a great way to save and support local farms. This continues to be a favorite for me, as this years CSA- despite a horrendous drought, has been great!
Thanks for stopping by! Come back again soon for more fitness tips, recipes, and lifestyle updates!